Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Go No Poo, post #2!


I read something interesting today. Soap is made from lye and oils, right? Well when baking soda and hair oil are combined, they turn into soap! That's why it works so well.

My hair feels really thick and bouncy now, and I have natural waves for the first time in my life! I cut about 4 inches off of the ends, as they were too damaged to save. Now I have really sleek and glossy hair. My biggest problem right now is static when I brush my hair, so I'm still using a tiny bit of leave in conditioner on the ends. Otherwise, my hair wants to get up and fly away!

I'm also going No Poo with Rivka, and she thinks it's great because she hates getting her hair washed. I mixed up a bit of conditioner with a bunch of water and put it in a spray bottle, and use it as a detangler for combing out her waist length, baby fine hair. All in all, I figure between the two of us we're using at the MOST, about 25 cents a month worth of products. :D

1 comment:

lyptis said...

Oh, i will definitely have to try that, thats sounds great, my hair reacts really sensitive to most shampoos too.